- What are Interlibrary Loan and CSU+?
- How do I use Interlibrary Loan and CSU+?
- What types of materials can be requested?
- How long does it take?
- How do I get my materials?
- How long can a book be checked out?
- Can I renew my items?
- Is there a charge for these services?
Interlibrary Loan and CSU+ are free services that allow CSUSM students, faculty, and staff to request library materials not available at the University Library from partner libraries in California, nationwide and around the world.
- Login to Interlibrary Loan. If this is your first time using Interlibrary Loan, you will be asked to register.
- Fill out the form and submit.
- You will be notified via email when your item is available. Books are held for pickup at the 3rd floor Circulation Desk.
- Login to OneSearch with your University ID and password.
- Search the CSU catalog by selecting the dropdown menu in OneSearch: California State University Collections
- If logged in, you will see a blue link: Request from CSU Libraries. Click on the link to submit your request.
Use Interlibrary Loan to request articles, books, media, etc. from any library worldwide
Use CSU+ to request books and media from other CSUs
Books coming from other CSUs will arrive within 2-5 business days.
Books coming from other lenders via USPS/UPS may take 1-2 weeks.
Articles may come within hours but usually not longer than a week.
All articles are delivered electronically to your ILL account. You will receive an email when your article is available.
Loans are held for pickup at the Circulation Desk.
CSU+ materials check out for 60 days. Interlibrary Loan materials normally check out for 4 weeks.
CSU+ materials are not renewable. However, you can order another copy if available.
ILL renewals may be requested providing the owning library allows renewals. Renewals must be requested before the due date. To request a renewal, log into your Interlibrary Loan account and choose "Renew Items".
There is no charge for Interlibrary Loan and CSU+. The Library subsidizes all overhead costs.
For more information, visit the Interlibrary Loan and CSU+ Borrowing Policies page.