The CSUSM University Library is open to the public.
All visitors are welcome to:
- Use books and materials in open collections within the Library
- Use designated guest computers
- Access campus Wi-Fi from personal devices
- Access most electronic resources within the Library
- Access federal and state publications within the Library
- Obtain assistance from the Research Help Desk
Public Use of Computers
Visitors may use designated guest workstations in the Research Help Desk area on the 3rd Floor. These workstations do not require users to log in, are intended for quick use, and provide basic internet access to the library’s electronic resources. Unfortunately, due to licensing restrictions, software applications (including Microsoft Office) are not available to visitors. It is recommended that users bring a USB flash drive in order to save documents.
Community members are also welcome to bring their own laptops and connect to the CSUSM guest wireless network.
How to Print in the Library
Community members may print from designated computers or personal devices within the library. The cost of printing is $0.12/page (black and white), $0.25/page (color).
- Create a guest printing account at PawPrint
- Add money to your guest printing account using cash or a debit/credit card.
- Follow the directions on the PawPrint website for step-by-step directions on how to print.
Library users may seek assistance from the Research Help Desk on the 3rd floor or the Student Technology Help Desk on the 2nd floor. General questions regarding printing should be directed to the Student Technology Help Desk at (760)750-6505.
Most of our subscription/licensed electronic databases can be accessed from within the library building using designated guest computers or your own personal device. Unfortunately, due to licensing restrictions, remote access is not available for these subscription services. However, your local public library may provide access to a number of electronic databases.