The Power of Knowledge Digital Storytelling
The CSUSM University Library is pleased to host its first digital storytelling event featuring the work of our CSUSM students, faculty and staff. Videos are based on the theme “power of knowledge”, which centers on our 2019/20 campus common read Educated: A Memoir by Dr. Tara Westover. Check back to this site for information on how to get your free admission ticket to the March 5th Digital Storytelling Showcase. This event is leading up to our big Arts & Lectures event on April 28th where we welcome Dr. Westover to campus. Tickets for that event will be available soon as part of the Arts & Lectures series.
2020 COMPETITION DEADLINES
Early Bird Submissions: January 21st
Submission Deadline (firm): February 16th (by 11:59pm)
Review of Videos: February 17th – February 21st
Winners Notified: February 22nd
Digital Storytelling Showcase: March 5th
Please note the following:
- This contest is for CSUSM students, faculty and staff who wish to be considered for presenting/showing their 2 minute videos at the March 5thDigital Storytelling Showcase at the CSUSM University Library.
- Submissions may be done individually or by a group (all group members must be associated with CSUSM, and their names/CSUSM email addresses must be included in the submission form).
- Videos must be no less than 1 minute but no more than 2 minutes long.
- Videos must be about this year’s common read theme: “The Power of Knowledge”.
- Please use your CSUSM email account (non-CSUSM email accounts will not be considered).
- If you wish your submission to be confidential (Your name will not be used at the March 5th Digital Storytelling Showcase event), please select “CONFIDENTIAL” in the submission form.
- All video winners who are willing to show their videos at the March 5th Digital Storytelling Showcase and have the option of speaking about their video in front of the audience if they choose (unless you select “CONFIDENTIAL” in the submission form).
- Video links must be submitted using this form (only YouTube or Vimeo links will be considered).
Questions or comments regarding Digital Storytelling competition or event, please contact Dr. Toni Olivas, Engagement & Inclusion Librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (760) 750-4333.