Policy on Study Rooms in the University Library
The University Library's group study rooms are for current student, academic use only. Faculty and staff members needing rooms on campus should contact Event and Conference Services, x8800.
- Reserve a room at https://biblio.csusm.edu/groupstudy
- Group study rooms on the 4th and 5th floors are restricted to groups of 2 or more students, while the Zoom Rooms on the 3rd floor may be reserved for independent study.
- Reservations are required, and we encourage you to book rooms in advance:
- 5th floor rooms open to reservations 14 days in advance.
- 3rd and 4th floor rooms open to reservations 1 day in advance.
- Rooms can be reserved for a maximum of 3 hours per visit and up to 12 hours total per week.
- Items left unattended in a room following the conclusion of a reservation are subject to removal. Items will be placed in the Library Lost & Found.
- Keep the reservation email to verify your study room reservation and to cancel.
- Rooms not occupied within 10 minutes of the reservation time are forfeited, and can be occupied by another occupant until the next reservation for that room.
- Reservations can be cancelled, please do so ASAP if the room is no longer needed:
- Reservations must be cancelled by the person who reserved the room.
- To cancel your reservation, go to the reservation confirmation email and click on the link to cancel the booking, and then select Cancel Booking.
- If the room you reserved is occupied, you may ask the group to leave or request assistance at the Circulation Desk (3rd floor).
Use of Rooms
- White board markers and erasers, HDMI cables and adapters are available for loan from the 3rd floor Circulation desk.
- Drinks in covered containers and small individual snacks are allowed in the group study rooms.
- Doors to the group study rooms should be kept closed when in use.
- Sound travels, even with the door closed – respect those studying around you by keeping the volume at a reasonable level.
- Visibility of the space is not to be obstructed. Windows and panels are not to be covered in a way that blocks visibility into the room, except in the event of a lockdown.
- Personal belongings left unattended will be removed and placed in the Library Lost & Found. For more information, please see the Library Lost & Found Policy at https://biblio.csusm.edu/content/library-lost-found.
Contact the Circulation Desk in person, by phone 760-750-4348, or email firstname.lastname@example.org