California State University San Marcos Library is committed to providing a learning environment which supports the information needs of the CSUSM community. To ensure we are fulfilling our mission, the Library assesses its performance in a variety of ways. This site contains statistics, surveys, and other assessment data collected both internally and for external agencies (e.g., the CSU, the National Center for Education, etc.).
CSU Customer Satisfaction Survey
The CSU administers a customer satisfaction survey each spring. This survey asks our users (students and faculty) how well our Library is serving their needs.
- 2012 Customer Satisfaction Survey (PDF)
- 2011 Customer Satisfaction Survey (PDF)
- 2009 Customer Satisfaction Survey (PDF)
- 2008 Customer Satisfaction Survey (PDF)
- 2007 Customer Satisfaction Survey (PDF)
- 2006 Customer Satisfaction Survey (Microsoft Excel document)
- 2005 Customer Satisfaction Survey (PDF)
CSU Annual Library Statistics
CSU gathers statistics on on all 23 campus libraries once a year. You can compare the CSU San Marcos Library with libraries on the other campuses in the areas of staffing, operating expenditures, collections, and services.
- CSU Annual Library Statistics 2009-2010 (PDF)
- CSU Annual Library Statistics 2008-2009 (PDF)
- CSU Annual Library Statistics 2007-2008 (PDF)
- CSU Annual Library Statistics 2006-2007 (Microsoft Excel document)
- CSU Annual Library Statistics 2005-2006 (PDF)
- CSU Annual Library Statistics 2004-2005 (PDF)
- CSU Annual Library Statistics 2003-2004 (PDF)
CSU San Marcos Library statistics
Each Library functional unit collects data on such things as how often our collection circulates, the formats in which resources are collected, and the purposes for which they are collected. Below are some of the areas for which we will provide statistics as this Web site builds out.
- Information Literacy
- Coming soon!
- Building Use
Among the most frequent comments in the surveys was the request that the Library expands its hours of operation. Beginning with the 2005-06 academic year, the Library added ten hours per week to our service hours. We used an additional allocation of funds for student assistants to re-distribute staffing to accommodate the new hours.