Policy on Group Study Rooms in the University Library
The University Library's group study rooms are intended for current student academic use only. Faculty and staff members needing rooms on campus should contact Event and Conference Services, x8800.
- Reserve a room at https://biblio.csusm.edu/groupstudy
- Group study rooms are for 2 or more students.
- Reservations are required, and we encourage you to book rooms in advance:
- 5th floor rooms can be reserved up to 2 weeks in advance.
- 4th & 2nd floor rooms can be reserved up to 24 hours in advance.
- Rooms can be booked for a maximum of 3 hours per visit and up to 12 hours total per week.
- Rooms can be booked once per day per person.
- Rooms not occupied within 10 minutes of the reservation time are forfeited, and can be occupied by another group until the next reservation for that room.
- Items left unattended in a room following the conclusion of a reservation are subject to removal. Items will be placed in the Library Lost & Found.
- Keep the reservation email to verify your group study room reservation.
- Reservations can be deleted, please do so ASAP if the room is no longer needed:
- Reservations must be deleted by the person who reserved the room.
- Use the reservation calendar and click the room, day and time then select Delete Entry.
- If the room you reserved is occupied, you may ask the group to leave or request assistance from staff at the Circulation Desk (3rd floor) or Media Desk (2nd floor).
Use of Rooms
- White board markers and erasers, HDMI cables and adapters are available for loan from the 2nd floor Media Library and the 3rd floor Circulation desk.
- Drinks in covered containers and small individual snacks are allowed in the group study rooms.
- Doors to the group study rooms should be kept closed when in use.
- Visibility of the space is not to be obstructed. Windows and panels are not to be covered in a way that blocks visibility into the room, except in the event of a lockdown.
- Sound travels, even with the door closed – respect those studying around you by keeping the volume at a reasonable level.
- Personal belongings left unattended will be removed and placed in the Library Lost & Found. For more information, please see the Library Lost & Found Policy at https://biblio.csusm.edu/content/library-lost-found.
If you're on the 2nd floor: Contact the Media Library in person, by phone (760) 750-4370, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you're on the 3rd-5th floors: Contact the Circulation Desk in person, by phone 760-750-4348, or email email@example.com
Library Services Help
Text: (760) 239-5106
Or you can submit a Contact Us form.