Policy on Group Study Rooms in the University Library
The University Library's group study rooms are for current student, academic use only. Faculty and staff members needing rooms on campus should contact Event and Conference Services, x8800.
- Reserve a room at https://biblio.csusm.edu/groupstudy
- While group study rooms are typically for 2 or more students, they may temporarily be reserved for independent study.
- Reservations are required, and we encourage you to book rooms in advance:
- 5th floor rooms open to reservations 2 weeks in advance.
- 4th & 2nd floor rooms open to reservations 24 hours in advance.
- Rooms can be reserved for a maximum of 3 hours per visit and up to 12 hours total per week.
- Rooms can be reserved once per day per person.
- Items left unattended in a room following the conclusion of a reservation are subject to removal. Items will be placed in the Library Lost & Found.
- Keep the reservation email to verify your group study room reservation.
- Rooms not occupied within 10 minutes of the reservation time are forfeited, and can be occupied by another group until the next reservation for that room.
- Reservations can be deleted, please do so ASAP if the room is no longer needed:
- Reservations must be deleted by the person who reserved the room.
- To delete your reservation, go to the reservation calendar and click the room, date and time, then select Delete Entry.
- If the room you reserved is occupied, you may ask the group to leave or request assistance from staff at the Circulation Desk (3rd floor) or Media Desk (2nd floor).
Use of Rooms
- White board markers and erasers, HDMI cables and adapters are available for loan from the 2nd floor Media Library and the 3rd floor Circulation desk.
- Drinks in covered containers and small individual snacks are allowed in the group study rooms.
- Doors to the group study rooms should be kept closed when in use.
- Sound travels, even with the door closed – respect those studying around you by keeping the volume at a reasonable level.
- Visibility of the space is not to be obstructed. Windows and panels are not to be covered in a way that blocks visibility into the room, except in the event of a lockdown.
- Personal belongings left unattended will be removed and placed in the Library Lost & Found. For more information, please see the Library Lost & Found Policy at https://biblio.csusm.edu/content/library-lost-found.
If you're on the 2nd floor: Contact the Media Library in person, by phone (760) 750-4370, chat, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you're on the 3rd-5th floors: Contact the Circulation Desk in person, by phone 760-750-4348, text (760) 239-5106, chat, or email email@example.com
If the Group Study Rooms do not fit your needs, there may be another space on campus that does! Here are a few additional spaces on campus that may be of interest to you:
- Lactation Spaces
- Adaptive Technology Lab
- Serenity Lounge
- Commuter Lounge
- Gender Inclusive Facilities