Announcing the 2023-24 CSUSM Common Read Books! Building on the success of the 2022-23 theme of banned books, the University Library and Common Read Committee have selected the following banned books for the 2023-24 academic year:
- "All Boys Aren't Blue: A Memoir Manifesto" by George M. Johnson
- "The Handmaid's Tale" by Margaret Atwood
- "Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood" by Marjane Satrapi
- "Separate is Never Equal" by Duncan Tonatiuh
- "We Are the Land: A History of Native California" by Damon B. Akins & William J. Bauer
Stay tuned for events and book giveaways in fall 2023.