The University Library is pleased to announce the 2022-23 CSUSM Library Award for Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity recipients. All six winners receive a $600 cash prize and attend an award reception on May 9, 2023.
The library award recognizes undergraduate students who demonstrate sophistication and originality in research projects and creative works, and reflection upon the research and creation process. Students can submit work in three categories: Creative Works, Empirical Research, or Interpretive Analysis.
2022-23 Library Award Winners
- Alyssa Hudkins, Psychology, “Altruism and Mindfulness in Prosocial Helping Behavior”
- Kelly Ibarra Perez, Art, Media, and Design, “Triggers”
- David Magallanes Cortes, Social Sciences, “Latino College Students: Cultural Socialization and Mental Health Benefits from Seeking Food at the Campus Food Pantry”
- Hugo Daniel Peralta-Ramirez, History, “Engendering Binaries: The Transhistorical Experiences of Catalina de Erauso”
- Ken Waddy, Art, Media, and Design, “Photographic Reflections on Landscape, Post-Colonial Society and Colonial Artifacts”
- Eric Wilsker, Sociology, " 'Don't Jew Me': How Antisemitism is Expressed, Experienced, and Ultimately Challenged"