California State University San Marcos Library welcomes anyone to become a Community Borrower. There is no charge for the Community Borrower card and id active for 365 days. All community card holders must be (18) years of age or older and have a residential address within the state of California.
Please observe the following:
- Borrowed items must be returned to CSUSM Library
- A maximum of ten (10) can be borrowed at one time
- Books and media may be renewed once
- Lost or damaged library items are charged the replacement cost and a nonrefundable $15.00 billing fee
- Overdue item fine: books 0.25 per item, per day; media 1.00 per item, per day
- Picture ID must be present every time the card is used. The Community Borrower card is non-transferable and may be used only by the person to whom it is issued.
CSUSM Library's primary responsibility is to our students and faculty; the library is unable to offer the following collections and services to Community Borrower card holders:
- Holds on loaned items
- Interlibrary Loans
- San Diego Circuit items
- Reserve collections
- Databases may be accessed in the library only
How to apply: Simply come to the Library Circulation desk and ask for a Community Borrower card.