You are researching and writing an analysis of a current Supreme Court Justice. You will choose any one of the seven justices who have served at least five terms on the court.
Dr. Beavers is asking you to report on what your specific Justice has ruled and the evidence for why they have interpreted the Constitution and US law in the way they have.
Use one specific consititutional issue to focus and illustrate your responses to the research paper's questions:
- What are Justice X's views on judicial power and the Constitution? How have they evolved?
- What are the tools of constitutional interpretation she/he refers to?
- How will her/his stance on an issue uphold or affect the work of the Supreme Court?
- Evaluate their understanding of judicial power as shown in their stand on the issue (remain objective as much as you can.)
You must use both relevant primary sources and scholary or legal sources (not general news media). This includes at a minimum:
- THREE of their written options (Majority, Concurring, or Dissenting.)
- TWO of their speeches and/or academic writings (such as law review articles or confirmation hearing testimony.)
- THREE secondary scholary sources (law reviews written by others, or research-based articles by others.)
Using your assignment description, build a search strategy to save time and find relevant resources to support YOUR argument: