Use the navigation on the left hand side of page to locate - books, journals, articles, and more!
This resource puts together sources for researching topics related to: Environmental Studies.
Books | eBooks | More
Physical & online books, media, and more can be located in the following ways:
- Search the Library Catalog (use dropdown left-hand side for search types: subject, author, etc.)
- Search for an e-book, choose an e-book database from the list and use the search bar to enter terms
- Remember off-campus access requires log-in with CSUSM User ID and Password
When searching the collections for books and more try the following subject headings.
Climate changes | Energy Policy | Environmental Ethics | Environmentalism | Environmental Geography | Environmental Health | Environmental Management | Environmental Pollution | Environmental Protection | Environmental Technology | Environmental Policy | Environmental Science | Environmental Studies | Food industry trade | Global Environmental Change | Global Warming | Human Ecology | Human Geography | Nature -- Effect of human beings on | Power Resources | Recycling | Renewable Energy | Solar Energy | Sustainable Agriculture | Sustainable Development | Sustainability | Water Quality | Wind Power
Select books, eBooks, and more below
- People and nature: an introduction to human ecological relations [eBook]
- New Natures [eBook]
- Decarbonizing Development Three Steps to a Zero-Carbon Future [eBook]
- TEDTalks Ludwick Marishane - A Bath without Water [Streaming Media via Films on Demand]
- Our Real and Virtual Water Footprint: Stephen Leahy [Streaming Media via Films on Demand]
- Agrofuels [Streaming Media via Kanopy]
- A Burning Question: Propaganda & the Denial of Climate Change [Streaming Media via Kanopy]
Databases | Journals | Articles
|GreenFILE/Academic Search||Some full-text; plus links to full-text via Get-It||current||Most|
| Biological Abstracts
A complete collection of bibliographic references covering life science and biomedical research literature published from more than 4,000 journals internationally.
|Some full-text; plus links to full-text via Get-It||1969 to current||Most|
| Web of Science
Contains citation Idexes for Science, Social Sciences, Arts & Humanities, and Book Citations from 2004 to present. Select "Web of Science Core Collection" to conduct cited reference search.
|Links to full-text via Get-It||1975 to current||All|
The authoritative database on all aspects of agriculture and allied disciplines; includes abstracts for books & journals.
|Some full-text||1500 to current||Most|
Search more than 200 leading titles in the biological, ecological, and environmental sciences.
|Some full-text||2000 to current||All|
Provides full text access to over 1,000 journals covering all fields of science.
|Full-text||1995 to current||Most|
| CQ Researcher
Explores a single hot issue in the news in-depth each week. Topics range from social and teen issues to environment, health, education and science and technology.
|Full-text||1991 to current||None|
Contains (EXCEPT for the latest five years) core scholarly journals in sociology, history, economics, political science, mathematics, African-American & Asian studies, literature, humanities, music, and biological, health & general sciences.
|Full-text||1838 to most recent five years||Most|
| WestlawNext Campus Research
This is a comprehensive database for news, business, and law-related information has been designed for students. It brings together news databases arranged geographically and topically; newswires as well as business, trade, and professional journals and publications; and law-related resources, including both primary law and analysis.
|Full-text||1789 to current||Some|
Websites | Tools
Safety and Health
Non-Governmental Organizations, Think Tanks, etc.
United Nations (UN) [Parent]
- Environment Programme
- Global Issues: Environment
- Statistics Division: Environment
- County Snapshots (a selection of national environment statistics, complemented by key economic and social indicators)
Environment Studies ENVS 210 Research Methods
Finding and using scholarly articles
Is it scholarly?
1. Written by a professor with an academic or expert institution
2. Research question
3. Literature review
7 Study limitation
8 Long list of references
Use the tools feature to limit by year
GET IT to link to libary articles
Environmental Studies Databases list
OneSearch from Library Home page
GreenFile Academic Search
Reading and extracting relevant info from research articles
Use the reading critically guide to decide if it fits, and extract relevent information
Additonal Seach Tips:
1. Advanced Google
2. Scholar.google.com Settings > Library > add CSUSM