Ebooks in the Library
The CSUSM University Library has an extensive collection of ebooks on a variety of topics. To find what’s available:
- Go to the University Library homepage
- Choose “Books and More”
- Enter keywords and search
- Use the limiters to narrow by “Full Text Online” to ensure all results can be accessed directly from your computer
- Limit by “Books” to filter out journals and media
A Modern Formal Logic Primer by Dr. Paul Teller at UC Davis, Volume I presents sentence logic. Volume II, Part 1 lays out predicate logic; Part 2 introduces metatheory
Open Textbook Collections
- Search YouTube by keyterms and try filtering by channel or “Creative Commons” license (these videos are specifically labeled for reuse).
- Some good channels:
- YouTube-produced “CrashCourse” series: Philosophy
- Tip: try searching YouTube by the title of your favorite journal publication to see if that journal also produces a YouTube channel.
Consider including journal articles as required or supplemental reading for your courses. Search through our Philosophy databases
for articles. Just be sure to direct students to the article by permalink (or static URL) rather than posting the PDF directly in your Cougar Course.
This will ensure two things: 1) that we are complying with copyright and publisher restrictions, and 2) that our journal usage is counted (this allows us to justify maintaining our subscriptions).
Open Access Journals
Other Open Educational Resources
Other CSUSM Library Resources