- Caring for the Human Spirit in 2014 A collection of articles organized by the CSU Institute for Palliative Care and the HealthCare Chaplaincy Network on chaplaincy. Career advice and palliative care topics are included.
Open Textbook Collections
- Search YouTube by key terms and try filtering by channel or “Creative Commons” license (these videos are specifically labeled for reuse).
- Videos through the CSUSM Library
- Select “Books & More” tab and use these limits: Full Text Available Online and Audio Visual.
- Library Media Reserves, including Video on Demand option (allows you to stream videos to CSUSM students). Keep in mind that you should leave at least 1 week of lead time for processing these requests.
Consider including journal articles as required or supplemental reading for your courses. Search through our palliative care databases for articles. Just be sure to direct students to the article by permalink (or static URL) rather than posting the PDF directly in your Cougar Course. This will ensure two things: 1) that we are complying with copyright and publisher restrictions, and 2) that our journal usage is counted (this allows us to justify maintaining our subscriptions).
Other Open Educational Resources
- “Workshops in End-of-Life Training for Health Professionals in Children’s Hospitals” Created by the CS Mott Children’s Hospital Pediatric Palliative Care Team at the University of Michigan, this set of videos, handouts, and other resources provide health professionals the skills needed to care for pediatric patients at the end of life. The resources can be used all together in workshop form or to supplement your course.
Open Access Journals
- Palliative Medicine & Care: Open Access This peer-reviewed journal covers diseases, symptoms, pain, and stresses of serious illnesses. Articles focusing on improving the quality of life regarding medical, psychological, and end of life care issues are highlighted.
Other CSUSM Library Resources