Ebooks in the Library
The CSUSM University Library has an extensive collection of ebooks on a variety of topics. To find what’s available:
- Go to the University Library homepage
- Choose “Books and More”
- Enter keywords and search
- Use the limiters to narrow by “Full Text Online” to ensure all results can be accessed directly from your computer
- Limit by “Books” to filter out journals and media
Open Textbook Collections
- Ebooks Directory
Searchable by keyword or topic.
A collection of millions of titles digitized from libraries around the world, including many of the great philosophy texts.
- Project Gutenberg
Project Gutenberg offers thousands of free ebooks. Books can be searched by title or by category.
- Open Library searches a variety of sources for print and online books. Many ebooks are freely available for online reading or download.
Consider including journal articles as required or supplemental reading for your courses. Search through our literature and writing databases
for articles. Just be sure to direct students to the article by permalink (or static URL) rather than posting the PDF directly in your Cougar Course.
This will ensure two things: 1) that we are complying with copyright and publisher restrictions, and 2) that our journal usage is counted (this allows us to justify maintaining our subscriptions).
Other Open Educational Resources
Other CSUSM Library Resources