Open Textbook Collections
- Search YouTube by key terms and try filtering by channel or “Creative Commons” license (these videos are specifically labeled for reuse).
- Videos through the CSUSM Library
- Select “Books & More” tab and use these limits: Full Text Available Online and Audio Visual.
- Library Media Reserves, including Video on Demand option (allows you to stream videos to CSUSM students). Keep in mind that you should leave at least 1 week of lead time for processing these requests.
- Physical Education Videos
This collection of seven videos from the Dallas County Community College District are available free from iTunes. The videos demonstrate lower body workouts, upper body workouts, and a cardiorespiratory endurance test.
Consider including journal articles as required or supplemental reading for your courses. Search through our kinesiology databases for articles. Just be sure to direct students to the article by permalink (or static URL) rather than posting the PDF directly in your Cougar Course. This will ensure two things: 1) that we are complying with copyright and publisher restrictions, and 2) that our journal usage is counted (this allows us to justify maintaining our subscriptions).
- MIT Open Courseware
MIT offers open, online courses in SCUBA, Tennis, Weight Training, Archery, Fencing, Sailing, and Physical Intelligence.
Other CSUSM Library Resources