- Stages of Development. Open Stax text. This text describes:
- the stages of prenatal development and the importance of prenatal care;
- physical, cognitive, and emotional development that occurs from infancy through childhood;
- physical, cognitive, and emotional development that occurs during adolescence;
- and physical, cognitive, and emotional development that occurs in adulthood.
Open Textbook Collections
- Ted Talks on Human Development
- A compilation of Ted Talks on a range of human development topics from premier specialists.
- Search YouTube by keyterms and try filtering by channel or “Creative Commons” license (these videos are specifically labeled for reuse).
- Videos through the CSUSM Library
- Select “Books & More” tab and use these limits: Full Text Available Online and Audio Visual.
- Library Media Reserves, including Video on Demand option (allows you to stream videos to CSUSM students). Keep in mind that you should leave at least 1 week of lead time for processing these requests.
Consider including journal articles as required or supplemental reading for your courses. Search through our human development databases for articles. Just be sure to direct students to the article by permalink (or static URL) rather than posting the PDF directly in your Cougar Course. This will ensure two things: 1) that we are complying with copyright and publisher restrictions, and 2) that our journal usage is counted (this allows us to justify maintaining our subscriptions).
This page provides examples illustrating how to find permalinks in the Library’s databases.
Please contact your librarian if you are still unsure of how to find the permalink.