Ebooks in the Library
The CSUSM University Library has an extensive collection of ebooks on a variety of topics. To find what’s available:
- Go to the University Library homepage
- Choose “Books and More”
- Enter keywords and search
- Use the limiters to narrow by “Full Text Online” to ensure all results can be accessed directly from your computer
- Limit by “Books” to filter out journals and media
Open Textbook Collections
- Search YouTube by keyterms and try filtering by channel or “Creative Commons” license (these videos are specifically labeled for reuse).
- Some good channels:
- Tip: try searching YouTube by the title of your favorite journal publication and/or professional association to see if that journal also produces a YouTube channel.
- TED Talks – Computers / Interface Design / AI / Open Source / Technology / Data / Gaming / Internet / Software
- A collection of TED Talks and playlists on computers and related topics.
- Videos through the CSUSM Library
- Try changing up keywords based on your specific interest/topic. Limits used: Full Text Available Online and Audio Visual.
- Library Media Reserves, including Video on Demand option (allows you to stream videos to CSUSM students). Keep in mind that you should leave at least 1 week of lead time for processing these requests.
Consider including journal articles as required or supplemental reading for your courses. Search through our computer science databases
for articles. Just be sure to direct students to the article by permalink (or static URL) rather than posting the PDF directly in your Cougar Course.
This will ensure two things: 1) that we are complying with copyright and publisher restrictions, and 2) that our journal usage is counted (this allows us to justify maintaining our subscriptions).
- MIT OpenCourse Ware – Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
MIT Open Courseware offers an extensive series of online courses on EE and Computer Science. Course format generally includes lecture videos, interactive concept quizzes (solution key), problem sets, terms and definitions, suggested topics and links, and exams (with solution key).
Computer Science – Saylor.org
A series of courses in the field of computer science. Some are core courses, others are electives, and some are math classes.
- Academic Earth Computer Science Courses
A large selection of computer science courses on a variety of topics.
- Khan Academy – Computer Programming
Instructional materials on a number of computer programming topics.
- Web Fundamentals
A developer resource dedicated to HTML5. Provided by Google.
Other CSUSM Library Resources