What is Library Reserves?
Library Reserves now provides instructors an easy way of creating, accessing, and managing course resources. Instructors can build, maintain, and share reading lists that include all material types such as books, articles, and media.
Powered by Leganto, a customizable course readings platform, you can access and edit your redesigned Library Reserves lists at http://bit.ly/csusmlibraryreserves or through the Canvas course navigation menu by clicking "Library Reserves".
- Create dynamic reading lists gathered from a range of sources including the Library collection, internet, and multimedia resources
- Annotate citations to provide students with notes
- Easily manage and update resources for all your classes
- View student engagement through the number of views and likes for citations
- Easily customize sections and citations
- Library reserve material can now be accessed through Canvas
- View due back times for physical reserves
- View due dates for sections and citations
- Students can keep track of readings by marking them as 'Read'
What materials are available?
Below are materials that are part of the Library collection and/or put on reserve by library staff. In addition to these materials, faculty have the ability to link to non-library resources in their reading list.
- Physical Reserves include:
- Books from the Library collection
- Faculty personal copies
- Donated textbooks
- Electronic Reserves include:
- Media Reserves include:
- Streamed media content
Submitting Library Reserves Requests
You can submit your reserves through our Library Reserves tool by adding materials from the catalog search and clicking “Submit List to Library.”
You can also email email@example.com for assistance with Library Reserves requests.
When emailing, please include the semester and course number in the Subject line (i.e. Fall 2023 SOC 101) of the email and include as much bibliographic information as possible, such as:
- URL (link to item information)
The Library purchases materials for Library Reserves as part of the Library’s CALM initiative. All Library Purchase Requests are not guaranteed. Requests are approved depending on cost and availability of materials.
For Media Reserves requests, please complete the Media Reserves Form.
Instructor Manual for Managing your Library Reserves
This downloadable PDF manual includes step-by-step instructions on how to use Library Reserves for CSUSM.
You can also access training videos from ExLibris here (please note that not all features in the videos are available in CSUSM's version of this product).
Need more help?
If you would like one-on-one training on using Library Reserves or have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have questions? Visit our Library Reserves FAQ page.