Tips for the search!
1) Generating keywords
- think of more than one way to discuss your topic and use a variety of terms/synonyms to search
- ("academic achievement" OR "academic performance") AND (coping OR resilience)
- look up your topic online to find more keywords (wikipedia is a great resource for this!)
2) Boolean Operators
- AND - returns literature that includes both terms
- OR - returns literature that includes either terms
- NOT - excludes literature with the term
- putting an asterisk at the root of a term will return variations of word
- tour* = tour, tours, tourist, tourism, toured
- use parentheses around synonyms for the same concept
- (coping OR resilience) AND stress AND (program* OR treatment)
5) Controlled Vocab
- The "subjects" attached to each result represent the controlled vocab for that database
- USE THESE TERMS!
6) Still not getting good results?