Follow the steps shown in the sample below to search for your book title.
- Search the catalog from the library's homepage, biblio.csusm.edu
- From the OneSearch bar, select "Books & More" as shown below.
- Be sure to change the dropdown to the right of the search bar. Make sure it is a TITLE search.
- In the white search box type the TITLE of your book. Take care that you have the correct title and spelling. Click the SEARCH button.
- Once the catalog completes its search for your book title you will EITHER see a list of results, OR be told we don't own that title. If we do have the book, you will either be given a call number with the physical location the book is located at or be given a link to click on if it is an ebook.
- If you don't see the title you are looking for at the CSUSM library, your next step would be to see if it is available at one of the other CSUs and order it to be sent here through CSU+. If it's not available through CSU+, you can then attempt to get it through InterLibrary Loan. If you need assistance with either of these steps, a librarian will be happy to help.
6. To view more details about your book title, click on the hyperlinked title.
7. The search results and detailed record for the title show that this title is held in two locations, in the 4th floor stacks and at the reserves desk.
8. To obtain the book, record the floor (books are located on 4th & 5th floors), and the call number, here this is shown as LC2330 .Y69 2013b. The call number is needed to find the title on the shelves.
9. View the university library map showing location of books on each floor. For this title look at the 4th floor and where the books beginning with the call number L are located.
10. Once you locate the book bring it down to the 3rd floor check out desk in the library. For your convenience, view our policies for borrowing books & media at CSUSM.
11. If you need assistance - Ask a librarian