A search for articles in the CSUSM Library catalog (OneSearch) has been conducted, but the full text of the article you want isn't available. To get the article anyway, follow the steps below:
1. When you're searching in the catalog and think the full text of an article isn't available, first make sure you're logged in with your CSUSM Username and Password.
2. Once you're signed in, if there is no full text available, the results page will display a "Get It" box with different options:
3. At this point, you have two different options:
- Search for the article in Google
- Request the article through InterLibrary Loan.
4. Searching for the article in Google:
- Clicking on the link for "This might be available via Google" will open a new tab in Google Scholar that displays results related to the article you're interested in. The article might be availble through Google -- look to see if there is a [PDF] icon next to the individual results.
5. Request the article through InterLibrary Loan:
However, chances are that the full text of the article isn't available in Google. In this case:
- Click on the link for "Request this item."
- Sign in to the Interlibrary Loan system (you may have to register if you've never requested anything before).
- The item information will be filled out for you in the interlibrary loan screen.
- Make sure to scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the button for "Submit Request."
6. Then you're done! You will receive the PDF of the article in a couple of days through your CSUSM email address.