If you've searched in the library databases and catalog and are unable to locate the full text of an article, you will have to manually enter the information into our interlibrary loan system.
1. Make sure you have as much of the following information as possible:
- article title
- author name(s)
- year published
- journal title
- volume and issue number
2. Then, access the CSUSM Interlibrary Loan system:
3. Log in to the system with your CSUSM ID/password. If you've never requested an item before, you'll have to register for an account.
4. In the menu on the left hand side of the page, click on the link for the type of item you are trying to request.
5. On the next screen, enter as much information as possible. Items marked with an asterisk are required in order to process the request.
6. Once you've entered all the citation information, make sure to scroll down and click on the button to "submit request".
7. You're done! You will receive updates about your request through your CSUSM email address. If we are able to locate your item, you will receive a PDF in 2-3 business days. If we need more information, we'll contact you to learn more.