Are you studying for the CBEST or CSET this year? Do you need to know what the California Content Standards are for your discipline? Would you like to know what the teacher credential requirements are in California?
- CBEST located in REF LB 3060.33 .C34 W96
- CSET located in REF LB 1766 .C74 P67
Teacher Certification Requirements in All Fifty States located in (4th floor) LB 1771 .T43
Make sure to take a look at all the Education materials in our Reference area (3rd floor of the Kellogg Library), starting in the L's.
- CSUSM Library Government Documents: This page can help you find government documents pertaining to Education that are housed both here in our library and online.
- U.S. Department of Education: The U.S. Department of Education's page will guide you to various national educational laws, data sets, news, and much more.
- California Department of Education: Information on curriculum & instruction, testing & accountability, data sets, news, and professional learning can be found on this page.
- Accountability Progress Reporting: Reports both the state Academic Performance Index (API) and the federal Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) and Program Improvement (PI) information.
- Bureau of Educational & Cultural Affairs: Provides information on various study abroad/educational exchange programs.
- California School Directory: This page provides detailed contact information for public schools, private schools, districts and county offices within the state.
- California State Board of Education Content Standards: Provides information on standards (including California Common Core State Standards) and frameworks that students should acquire at each grade level.
- Common Core State Standards: This page gives detailed information regarding the common core state standards initiative.
- Education: The White House: Sponsored by the White House, this page provides news and information regarding issues that affect pre-K thru higher education.
- No Child Left Behind (2001): The complete NCLB Act can be found on this page, including Obama's Blueprint for Reform: The Reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education (2010).
- Race to the Top: Provides information regarding President Obama's Race to the Top initiative.
- Recommended Juvenile Literature: A national database that provides pre-k thru 12 literature recommendations as well as a list of literature resources.
- San Diego County Office of Education: This website provides a variety of services and information regarding the various school districts, charter schools, and community colleges throughout San Diego County.
- San Diego County Unified School District: Provides information and news regarding the schools in this district for parents, students, and the community.
- United States Census Bureau: This is a page provided by the United States government and provides various typs of data sets, statistics, news and more.
- USA.gov: Provides accessible government information and services to the general public.
- American Memory Project: Sponsored by the Library of Congress, this site offers a variety of history lesson plans and teacher resources.
- Illuminations: Sponsored by the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, this site offers a variety of mathematical lesson plans and teacher resources.
- Smithsonian Education Lesson Plans: These lesson plans focus primarily on "inquiry-based" learning using primary sources and various museum collections.
- Figure This!- Download and print math challenges.
- HotChalk Lesson Plans: This is a site that hosts lesson plans for teachers/by teachers.
- International Education and Resource Network (iEARN) enables teachers to collaborate on projects via the Internet that "both enhance learning and make a difference in the world."
- Lesson Planet is a lesson plan search engine for teachers that provides teacher-reviewed online resources including more than 150,000 online lesson plans and 75,000 online worksheets.
- National Library of Virtual Manipulatives - Interactive, web-based tutorials
- North Coastal Consortium for Special Education - "A Special Education Local Planning Area (SELPA) that is composed of 14 school districts in the North County.
- SpellingCity - Free site that makes learning to spell fun!
- Time4Writing - provides a series of 8-week, teacher-led courses for elementary, middle school and high school students.
Many websites have compiled lists of multicultural lesson plans and resources, like the Virtual Middle School Library, and the Multicultural Pavilion's Resources and Dialogues for Equity in Education.
Applied Behavior Analysis Program
Please follow this link to watch the ABA introduction video. Contact Tricia Lantzy, Health & Human Services Librarian, for more information regarding resources for this program: email@example.com or call (760) 750-4399
Last Update: 21 Jan 06:33