This site is for PE 203 students to assist them in the completion of their Civility research paper, DUE April 11th. Please check your PE 203 CougarCourses for more details on this assignment.
This semester you will be researching and developing curriculum that addresses the concept of "Civility" in the physical education and/or classroom settings. Civility covers many sub-topics such as (but not limited to) bullying, character development, LGBTQA issues, physical/mental abilities, etc... This research assignment will enable you to acquire and evaluate information identifying the need for your civility sub-topic to be addressed in our schools. You will then organize, synthesize, interpret, and communicate this information as a written project:
- The paper must be written in APA format
- It must be at least 5 full pages long (excluding the reference page, the abstract page, the title page, and the lesson plan).
- You must to include a title page and an abstract (again, does NOT count towards your five-page count).
- You are required to use at least 3 references and at least 1 must be "peer-reviewed". Check Ulrich's Database to make sure your journal is peer-reviewed.
- Include a lesson plan as well (does NOT count towards your five-page count; make sure to use California Health Education Content Standards)
Once again, please check your PE 203 CougarCourses for more details on this research assignment. Have questions or need a little extra help with the research process? Contact Toni Olivas, Education Librarian, right away. I can meet in person, over the phone or virtually (Google+/Skype). The last date to contact Toni for help on this assignment is April 4th:
Phone: (760) 750-4333
Office: KEL 5011 (5th floor inside Barahona Center)