BIOL 211 - Brown
This library research guide is designed to support your "Full Moon in the Desert" paper on kangaroo rats. In this paper, you'll be focusing on physiological aspects that allow kangaroo rats to survive in extreme environments.
When searching for information, keep in mind the terms/learning topics suggested by Dr. Brown:
- Merriam's kangaroo rats and the genus species name, Dipodomys merriami.
- homeostasis and osmoregulation
- hypo-osmotic, hyper-osmotic; hypertonic, hypotonic
- routes of water/salt gain and loss in freshwater fish vs. saltwater fish
- general kidney design
- concentration gradient
- counter current multiplier
- mammalian kidney details - the loop of Henle
Last Update: March 17, 2014 11:54